Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: Lua editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But it's Java. A Java text editor is about as logical as.. umm...a Qt....uhh...text editor.
As I said before: another reason for using murgaLua as editor base...
slim, fast and portable Big Grin

I have the same problems with my NXT-Robot and terminalprogram...
so I've started LuaTerm for all platforms.
Christian

Quote:
another reason for using murgaLua as editor base...
slim, fast and portable

Vim is available on all platforms supported by murgaLua, and then some. I'm sure there are several other small editors in the same position. (nyaa)
Vim is sadly getting much larger with each release, though. It's already at a stage where I find it difficult to call it "small".

I mainly just don't understand wanting to create yet another text editor from scratch, when there are already editors for everything from the most minimal to the most...uhh...maximal.

But as with everything else, it would definitely be a learning experience
...for someone.

mikshaw Wrote:
I mainly just don't understand wanting to create yet another text editor from scratch, when there are already editors for everything from the most minimal to the most...uhh...maximal.

But as with everything else, it would definitely be a learning experience
...for someone.

It is quite easy.... admins or programmers can use vim and clones, but normal users like OSX-USers never see a shell or something like vim Big Grin
My idea is to create a simple TextEditor for beginners, my favorite robot-builders (Mindstorms NXT) are starting at an ago of 10 ! They need special menues, macros or items for the robot...

A simple texteditor written in murgaLua can be customized for this very easy.

Real admins/programmers have already special editors for years ;-)
I'm using vi or emacs without GUI

Bye
Christian

Quote:
normal users like OSX-USers never see a shell or something like vim

Many binary releases of Vim come with a very powerful graphical frontend. I think this is the only way to use vim in Windows, short of using it in Cygwin or similar.

Quote:
A simple texteditor written in murgaLua can be customized for this very easy

Have you looked through the FLTK documentation? I think there is a text editor tutorial there that might be translated into MurgaLua. Otherwise, the Fl_Text_Editor class is practically a fully useable editor in itself, although there are many functions and methods that would need to be tied to a menu or buttons to make it seem more than a glorified Multiline_Input to those who are accustomed to clicking.

I'm guessing the most complicated part would be syntax hilighting.

If you or someone else doesn't get started on this in the next week or so I can hack up something that might be used as a starting point, although I'm not sure I'd be too interested in doing more than infrequent debugging after that time.

Quote:

If you or someone else doesn't get started on this in the next week or so I can hack up something that might be used as a starting point, although I'm not sure I'd be too interested in doing more than infrequent debugging after that time.

Yes, I agree completely with you!
Syntax highlighting is an awfull job...
BUT someone has to start with a sample and show the world, how easy it is with murgaLua :-D
Let's start together
it is worse to do it, all my kids will thank you Big Grin
Bye
Christian

p.s.: do you know Lua at NXT ?

Hi,

who needs more ? Big Grin
All you need for Mindstorms NXT and pbLua, written in murgaLua

Enjoy the the hardcopy of first running sample.

Bye
Christian

chrimo Wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I agree completely with you!
Syntax highlighting is an awfull job...
BUT someone has to start with a sample and show the world, how easy it is with murgaLua :-D
Let's start together
it is worse to do it, all my kids will thank you Big Grin
Bye
Christian

p.s.: do you know Lua at NXT ?

OK, OK,...

I currently have problems with windows - my OSX code did not work at Win32...
Editor did not show buttons on the right side ;-(

Just for info:
Eclipse+LuaEclipse works very nice at OSX, Linux and Windows Big Grin

Good night
Bye
Christian

chrimo Wrote:
I currently have problems with windows - my OSX code did not work at Win32...
Editor did not show buttons on the right side ;-(

I get back tomorrow, feel free to send me the code and I'll try to figure out what's wrong :-)

Cheers
JohnM

chrimo Wrote:
Just for info:
Eclipse+LuaEclipse works very nice at OSX, Linux and Windows Big Grin

You should give last Eclipse 3.3 (EUROPA) with Lunareclipse a try...

http://lunareclipse.sourceforge.net/

It's crazy cool!

Bye
Christian

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's