Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: MurgaLua 0.6.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I haven't finished writing the docs and setting up the Wiki, but after rebuilding the dev machine that crashed I finally managed to give things a quick test on Mac/Linux/Win ... And fix a couple of last minute issues that arose.

As the binaries will remain unchanged (bar something critical), I decided there was no harm in uploading what I have so that people can have a play right now ...

So here it is :

The documentation has hardly been updated yet, so to find out how to use the new features I suggest you look in the "examples/new" directory, where you'll find examples for most things.

Other things that are missing ...

The animation control, although the tiling api is there so it would be simple to implement in Lua.
I think the Linux build still doesn't use readline properly when in command line mode (minor).
Fl_table isn't there as a) it's not finished, and b) the Fl_Browser fixes now give you an alternative.

I have other things that I pulled out, but I don't want to talk about them as people may get excited and wait for ever to see these features ... If I ever finish them.

So far everything I've tested has worked. Hooray.
Thanks for the effort Mr. Murga.
I haven't had a chance to test much yet, since I just upgraded my Slackware box and have a lot of stuff to install and configure. I did look at the grid example, though, and wanted to say thanks for column_widths(), and apparently for improving the browser text formatting =o)

It also looks like you've expanded the menu:add() method, which will make menus a LOT easier to build.

I assume getTiles is a method you created yourself? I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in action.
Reference URL's