Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: murgaLua 0.7.0 coming soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
recently i am using tinycorelinux and it can display my chinese char by adding a fonts

and it use fltk too,so i think maybe we can use murgaLua as the base of that linux just like dsl does
Just a little question:
will there be a 64bit build too? because while the murgaLua fine on 64bit without modification (here at least) it fails to load libraries that are on the system with this error:
error loading module 'luasql.sqlite3' from file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luasql/sqlite3.so':
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luasql/sqlite3.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Which kind of makes sense, but it would be usefull to do stuff like this (I know sqlite3 is also in murgaLua, but just an example here.)

Edit: It would also be nice if in the package.path and package.cpath would contain the standard paths for lua modules, and not only the /usr/local/... onces
so :
package.path=package.path..";./?.lua;/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua;/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.lua;/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?/init.lua;/usr/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;/usr/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua"

package.cpath=package.cpath .. ";./?.so;/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.so;/usr/lib/lua/5.1/?.so;/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so"

Doing this we can use the lua modules already on the system
greetz,

Jan-Pieter
Oh and by the way, the luacom stuff (excelTest.lua and speechTest.lua) throw an error:
K2:27: 'then' expected near 'in'
while they don't when run in 0.6.8

Greetz,
JP

jpjacobs Wrote:
Oh and by the way, the luacom stuff (excelTest.lua and speechTest.lua) throw an error:
K2:27: 'then' expected near 'in'
while they don't when run in 0.6.8

Greetz,
JP

Thanks for the report ... I'll fix that.

There will be a 64Bit build, and I will make changes to the package.path stuff.

Cheers
John de Murga

Hey how are things going with the 0.7? I'm really looking forward to the release, and I keep recommending murgaLua to people.
If I can help with anything, let me know.
Greetings,

JP

jpjacobs Wrote:
Hey how are things going with the 0.7? I'm really looking forward to the release, and I keep recommending murgaLua to people.
If I can help with anything, let me know.

I am hoping to get time over the holidays ...

And I also just couldn't stop myself from adding more things I'll have to document now :-(

Cheers
JohnM

I haven't posted in a long time, though I still have been visiting regularly...I had forgotten my password after changing computers, and apparently the "reset password" function here doesn't actually do anything. I eventually remembered the proper password, though, so now I can say yes I'm also looking forward to your upgrades =o)
I also want to express my continuous valuation of and interest in murgaLua. I just used it the last weeks for creating a configuration UI, murgaLua is still best for getting such things done quickly in a platform-independent manner.
Please keep the baby alive...

znarf Wrote:
I also want to express my continuous valuation of and interest in murgaLua. I just used it the last weeks for creating a configuration UI, murgaLua is still best for getting such things done quickly in a platform-independent manner.
Please keep the baby alive...

Thanks

It is very much alive as I continue to improve it for my own projects.

I just have to tidy things up and create a proper release.

Before the end of the year I should get the time.

Cheers
John de Murga

Is there a performance difference between running murgaLua_lite and running murgaLua -M2?
If there is little or no difference other than the file size on disk, I wonder if you are making extra work for yourself by having many different executables.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's