Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: New SQLite version in 0.7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I was wondering, will there be a new version of sqlite in the upcoming 0.7 release?
Their site says:

Quote:
Version 3.6.23.1 of SQLite is recommended for all new development. Upgrading from version 3.6.12, 3.6.13, 3.6.22, and 3.6.23 is optional. Upgrading from all other SQLite versions is recommended.

And judging by http://sqlite.org/changes.html it seems there have been a lot of changes since the 2005 December 19 3.2.8 release included in murgaLua 0.6.9.

Greetings,

Jan-Pieter

jpjacobs Wrote:
I was wondering, will there be a new version of sqlite in the upcoming 0.7 release?
Their site says:

Quote:
Version 3.6.23.1 of SQLite is recommended for all new development. Upgrading from version 3.6.12, 3.6.13, 3.6.22, and 3.6.23 is optional. Upgrading from all other SQLite versions is recommended.

And judging by http://sqlite.org/changes.html it seems there have been a lot of changes since the 2005 December 19 3.2.8 release included in murgaLua 0.6.9.

To be honest I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade, compatibility wise it is still OK, and newer versions of sqLite have been getting bloatier (to the point I like it less and less).
If you read though the list you'll find that 3.2.8 was a nice and solid release, after that they like to tinker and tinker with the internals.

The other issue is that I'd have to port the DB encryption stuff (which I use myself) ...

I am willing to do this if there is enough demand, but currently don't see any good reasons to do so.

Cheers
John de Murga

Ok, it was just something I noticed when searching why foreign keys wouldn't work in murgaLua, while they do in the sqlite standalone. Guess I can live without them.

Greets,
JP
I have a look at the later versions ...

Does the syntax pass in 3.2.8 but not work ?
Do you have an example, or is it any foreign key ?

Cheers
John de Murga
Yeah, I was trying to use foreign keys. It does not give a syntax error, which is already fine, but it just does not work. Example SQL:

Code:
PRAGMA foreign_keys=ON;
CREATE TABLE artist(
  artistid    INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
  artistname  TEXT
);
INSERT INTO "artist" VALUES(NULL,'Dean Martin');
INSERT INTO "artist" VALUES(NULL,'Frank Sinatra');

CREATE TABLE track(
  trackid     INTEGER,
  trackname   TEXT,
  trackartist INTEGER,
  FOREIGN KEY(trackartist) REFERENCES artist(artistid)
);
INSERT INTO "track" VALUES(NULL,'That''s Amore',1);
INSERT INTO "track" VALUES(NULL,'Christmas Blues',1);
INSERT INTO "track" VALUES(NULL,'My Way',2);
INSERT INTO "track" VALUES(NULL,'Mr. Bojangles',3);

This should not work, as there is no artist with artistID = 3.

greetz,
JP

Umm ...

Yeah, it is a problem.

Maybe I'll have to upgrade, however, there seems to be a better encryption lib than the one I am using.

http://www.zetetic.net/software/sqlcipher/

This would allow me to get up-to-date quite quickly.

Cheers
John de Murga
Hi,

The new drop uses sqlcipher/sqlite3.6.23.1 ... A Git snapshot of sqcipher.

However, sqcipher has been updated to sqLite 3.7.2, and will be used in the next drop.

Either way, your issue should be fixed.

Cheers
John de Murga
thanks again!
Reference URL's