Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: Whats next for MurgaLua?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks.
I don't code much myself these days, but I try new tools from time to time.

Recently I found Zero Brane Studio, a pretty slick Lua IDE. How could that be integrated with murgaLua?

I was using ItelliJIDEA for some some simple data sorting, but when it came time to use it with murgaLua things got sloppy: edit file/ save, find it on desktop, drag to murgalua.exe, crash, back to IDE, repeat.

I noticed the wiki is down. Didn't get much use?
How do you all feel about discussing Lua/murgaLua projects on Reddit?
I mentioned the project in a thread today and thought I should just make an actual MurgaLua intro thread, but I'll probably end up confusing people.

Wanted to check in here to see where things are going.
Happy Holidays Everyone.

iGame3D Wrote:
Happy Holidays Everyone.

Happy coming holidays ;-)

Pretty insane in terms of my personal life and being busy.

MurgaLua has evolved dramatically as I added and fixed everything I ever needed, but I have never had time to do an actual release and update everything. I am hoping to do one any minute now (as ever).

Highlights ... Pluggable runtime (LuaJit 2 by default), Unicode IO functions, FLTK 1.3 (Unicode GUI), web-server, a bunch of upgrades, a bunch of extra libs, and a bunch of extra fixes.

Wiki had 0 traction, so I gave up.

Cheers
JohnM

Really nice!

I like Lua JIT Smile

Kind regards,

Jan-Pieter

JohnMurga Wrote:

iGame3D Wrote:
Happy Holidays Everyone.

Happy coming holidays ;-)

Pretty insane in terms of my personal life and being busy.

MurgaLua has evolved dramatically as I added and fixed everything I ever needed, but I have never had time to do an actual release and update everything. I am hoping to do one any minute now (as ever).

Highlights ... Pluggable runtime (LuaJit 2 by default), Unicode IO functions, FLTK 1.3 (Unicode GUI), web-server, a bunch of upgrades, a bunch of extra libs, and a bunch of extra fixes.

Wiki had 0 traction, so I gave up.

Cheers
JohnM

Would you consider putting MurgaLua up on GitHub and perhaps getting others to help?

dcharno Wrote:
Would you consider putting MurgaLua up on GitHub and perhaps getting others to help?

I would.

Part of what I am doing now is getting things to a point that it'll be easier for people to do this.

0.8.0 is feature complete and tested, all I have to do is borrow a Mac to do the Mac builds and do some documentation and we'll be set.

Cheers
JohnM

JohnMurga Wrote:

dcharno Wrote:

I would.

Part of what I am doing now is getting things to a point that it'll be easier for people to do this.

0.8.0 is feature complete and tested, all I have to do is borrow a Mac to do the Mac builds and do some documentation and we'll be set.

Cheers
JohnM

That's great news. Not to nag Smile, but any progress on 0.8.0?

MurgaLua just has been named on the Lua-L mailing list:

Quote:
MurgaLua[1] does GUI, XML, SQL, networking and filesystem all in a
single executable.

Unfortunately, it hasn't seen an update in a long time.

Maybe time for that release? Wink.

jpjacobs Wrote:
PS: I'll add a link to the mailing list archive when it becomes available.

My work, divorce and house move have been taking a toll on my time.

I am hoping to catch up again in the next few days.

I totally understand there are other, more important things in life, and I didn't want to come over as pushy...
Take your time.

All the best,

Jan-Pieter
Wishing you the best John.
Reference URL's