Murga-Projects Forums

Full Version: MurgaLua - luasocket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am impressed with MurgaLua. I an having a problem trying understand the setoption parameters requires to join and leave a multicast group. This is not covered in the luasocket documentation but these function are in the luasocket source code (udp.c). I found the following on the Lua-I archives.

udp:setoption("ip-add-membership", interface = "*", group = Group, --224,0.0.1, for example})

and

udp:setoption("ip-drop-membership", {interface = "*", group = Group,})

Can anyone give me an example of the parameters for add and drop membership for a typical multicast address. (224,1,1,109)

Elias

elias Wrote:
Hi All,

I am impressed with MurgaLua. I an having a problem trying understand the setoption parameters requires to join and leave a multicast group. This is not covered in the luasocket documentation but these function are in the luasocket source code (udp.c). I found the following on the Lua-I archives.

udp:setoption("ip-add-membership", interface = "*", group = Group, --224,0.0.1, for example})

and

udp:setoption("ip-drop-membership", {interface = "*", group = Group,})

Can anyone give me an example of the parameters for add and drop membership for a typical multicast address. (224,1,1,109)

Elias

Hi,

I am afraid I don't have the foggiest idea :-(

The most complicated thing I have done with luasocket is write a web-server ...

Have you tried asking the luasocket guys ?

Cheers
JohnM

Reference URL's