Murga-Projects Forums
sqLite database manager app ... - Printable Version

+- Murga-Projects Forums (http://www.murga-projects.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Project Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MurgaLua - General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: sqLite database manager app ... (/showthread.php?tid=118)

sqLite database manager app ... - JohnMurga - 07-20-2007 02:55 AM

Hey,

I thought I'd post one of the things I had been been messing with :

Not really very well tested or anything, but something people may want to play with.

I'll make a post about the next release in the next few days, there are a LOT more experimental features in the current build, so chances are it'll be another preview ... But I have been very busy with work and "life" lately so who knows when I'll release :-(

Cheers
JohnM

RE: sqLite database manager app ... - pdinoto - 07-20-2007 07:27 AM

Thanks John, it works also as a nice example!

I wonder why you used Fl_Help_View for the output. Is that the only way to have formatted multiline text?

Regards,
///Pablo

RE: sqLite database manager app ... - mikshaw - 07-20-2007 08:38 AM

I think it depends on how much formatting you need. MurgaLua provides the Fl_Browser classes, which can perform limited formatting such as colored/bold/italics/monospace text, but if you want much more than that, html is the only option. HTML is a little more universal, too. The same text can be save as a file and viewed in any web browser.

RE: sqLite database manager app ... - JohnMurga - 07-20-2007 05:03 PM

In fact playing with app made me finally implement proper bindings for Fl_Text_Buffer, Fl_Text_Display ... and Fl_Text_Editor.

I also have a basic implementation of Fl_Table (http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/Fl_Table/) ...

All this will be in the next release.

The reason why I used Fl_Help_View is because I was playing with that and wanted (in a future version), to change the output from text to tabular HTML, etc ...

Cheers
John de Murga