Murga-Projects Forums
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - Printable Version

+- Murga-Projects Forums (http://www.murga-projects.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Project Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MurgaLua - General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available (/showthread.php?tid=341)

Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-05-2008 02:08 PM

Hi,

Can be found here :

http://www.murga-projects.com/murgaLua/snapshot.html

Please note that MINIMAL testing has taken place with this build.

This is a DEVELOPMENT snapshot of the current bloaty 0.6.X family.

Cheers
John de Murga

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-05-2008 02:15 PM

Hi,

Just noticed that although murgaLua works fine in DSL the bundled (and patched) fluid doesn't (because of libc++) ... I think that issue has probably always been there, but either way I'll try an fix it in the next build.

I was doing some cross distro testing before going to sleep for a few hours ...

Cheers
JohnM

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - MrBill - 09-05-2008 11:32 PM

So far so good on the Mac, the tree view is going to be interesting to dabble with.

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-06-2008 12:11 AM

Hi,

There is some visual corruption on the Mac for the tree control under some conditions ...

I fixed it, and will be doing another build next week (I am still working on the tree code).
Feature requests are welcome during this time.

After that I have to focus on the docs.

Cheers
John de Murga

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-06-2008 10:32 PM

First comment (haven't downloaded yet) is thank you for the multiple downloads, so users can get exactly what they want and nothing more.

The "Warning - Causes FALSE positives with some AV" might be related to Lua comments in included files. At least i have in the past had trouble using web-based email to text files including lines that begin with '--' or '=='. Using bzip2 compression rather than gzip or zip has been known to work at least to prevent auto-scanning of the archive, although it might not be a good solution since Windows software compression is still pretty much always expected to be zip. I also suppose this wouldn't matter if the AV misinterprets the extracted files anyway....but if that's the case wouldn't it misinterpret every lua script? I dunno....shoulda had my coffee earlier....sorry.... =o)

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-07-2008 01:14 AM

Hi,

The "Warning - Causes FALSE positives with some AV" affects the patcher used to remove the console from the Windows version ... It might not happen with current version as I have changed it somewhat.

But either way it something in the Win32 patcher binary that the crappy heuristics engine of some AVs doesn't like.

Cheers
JohnM

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-08-2008 12:21 PM

As Bill said, tree definitely looks interesting.
I guess this isn't really the place to ask questions, but my curiosity is outweighing my abilities. Seems that icons are required in order to also have the "+" and "-" symbols displayed? I eventually got a tree to work without using icons, but the symbols also were missing.

What I'm really looking forward too, though, is working out a way to automate the creation of a directory structure, and maybe making that a portable function. It shouldn't be too complicated, but I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe it's already been done, but the example shows only creating each item manually.

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-08-2008 11:37 PM

mikshaw Wrote:
As Bill said, tree definitely looks interesting.
I guess this isn't really the place to ask questions, but my curiosity is outweighing my abilities. Seems that icons are required in order to also have the "+" and "-" symbols displayed? I eventually got a tree to work without using icons, but the symbols also were missing.

Icons are not required to have the "+" and "-" ...
The Demo maybe needs more work on my part :-)

What do you want to display ?

mikshaw Wrote:
What I'm really looking forward too, though, is working out a way to automate the creation of a directory structure, and maybe making that a portable function. It shouldn't be too complicated, but I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe it's already been done, but the example shows only creating each item manually.

I can give you a method to create a hierarchical table with a directory structure easily enough ... And I can give you another method to populate a tree from a hierarchical table.

What do you want it for ?

Cheers
JohnM

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-09-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:
What do you want to display ?

Just the plus and minus. It seems that it works without a pixmap after all...i think I messed up by trying to alter your example rather than starting from scratch.

Quote:
What do you want it for ?

right now, just for giggles, but it will probably turn out to be a better solution for the murgaLua demos main interface than the existing collapsible browser method. It definitely uses much less code to accomplish, and the result is at least as good. It's not really a true file hierarchy, though, so it may not be necessary to drill down through nested directories. I do think it will be a useful function, though. For example, I once created a shell script that would build Fluxbox menu items for all configuration files within a directory hierarchy. Rather than open a file manager, browse for a file, and click to open, I'd open the menu and mouse down to the desired file. It didn't save a lot of time, but was sometimes more convenient. I no longer use Fluxbox, but the ability to dynamically create quick access to specific files or types of files is still with me.

So far i have not succeeded in the hierarchy, but I should probably become more familiar with the way the tree itself works before adding this extra complication to the process anyway. I did notice that a scroll seems to be required in order to select the proper line? Not sure, but it kept selecting the line above the one I clicked until the tree was added to a scroll.

EDIT: The concept of a hierarchical table is potentially very useful, but I have to admit that it always gives me trouble. I have succeeded in making tables that are two levels deep, but I always have to go back to the docs to figure out how to create and access them. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for me =op

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - jyf1987 - 09-14-2008 01:08 PM

maybe you could make a lua again fluid

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-14-2008 11:27 PM

jyf1987 Wrote:
maybe you could make a lua again fluid

What do you mean ?

If you are talking about the Linux FLUID needing stdlibc++ I am going to make a new build in the next few days and I'll fix that.

Cheers
JohnM

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-15-2008 03:17 AM

Concerning Fl_Tree: What does state() represent? It seems to show 1 after a selection when the object is not already selected, 2 when the object is already selected, and 16 as if it were a very slow double-click.

Can 16 be reliably used to detect a double-click, say with the addition of a check to see if it's already 16 or forcing it to 2 if possible? Clicking multiple times continues to display 16, as long as you click within half a second or so.

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - JohnMurga - 09-15-2008 03:35 AM

mikshaw Wrote:
Concerning Fl_Tree: What does state() represent? It seems to show 1 after a selection when the object is not already selected, 2 when the object is already selected, and 16 as if it were a very slow double-click.

Can 16 be reliably used to detect a double-click, say with the addition of a check to see if it's already 16 or forcing it to 2 if possible? Clicking multiple times continues to display 16, as long as you click within half a second or so.

I believe so ...

FL_TOGGLE_SELECT when you click on the item for the first time (1).
FL_TOGGLE_RESELECT is the (2).
FL_TOGGLE_HIT is for the double click (16) ...

I double check in a minute.

You can have a look at this, although it won't help you with this issue :

murgaLua/doc/fltk/Fl_ToggleTree.html#Fl_ToggleTree.state

Cheers
JohnM

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - MrBill - 09-15-2008 05:47 AM

I think jyf1987 means to convert something like one of Mikshaw's demo's or this tree back into a Fluid file so that its a base for visual editing.

The tree for instance isn't available in Fluid (is it?).

I think we'll need a murgaLua editor, built with murgaLua so its fully scriptable and compatible. I figure some of these additions to the software are heading toward making that fully possible by version 1.0 or before.

Fluid is a handy stand in at the moment, but there is room for improvement.
Like find and replace text...oh how that kills me.

I've done some hacking in the past using Lua to generate Fluid code that made a grid of boxes or buttons that would have been a total nightmare doing by hand in Fluid. Must have been a while back and one of those 32 hour days because its not a very solid memory at all, I just know I did it.

Right now much of my iGame3D main interface started as Fluid, but eventually is pulled apart so that the .fl file just holds maybe a window, globals, a few needed functions and file references, which do the rest of the gui construction in a more dynamic way than Fluid itself would allow. The Fluid I hope is generic enough to be re-used as a template for similar interfaces.

It all started with a monstrous Fluid file which provided organization and then devolved back down to good old simple Lua text files, which I've yet to find an editor that has all the features I need and organizes multiple related files into a comprehensible and easy to navigate 'project'.

I'm sure we'll come up with something eventually. :-)

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-15-2008 08:59 AM

The murgaLua ide is something that has crossed my mind many times, but it's such a big project that I know it would be beyond my abilities...I'd definitely be interested in contributing, though.

An inspiring project of a similar sort might be vtcl (Visual Tcl), a Tcl/Tk IDE written in Tcl which produces pure Tcl/Tk code.

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - jyf1987 - 09-15-2008 10:35 PM

i mean you can make fluid using murgalua
so that it can make lua code for user
and it willl also be a lua-fltk's demo script

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - jpjacobs - 09-30-2008 07:43 AM

Hi!
It's been quite some time, i've been around, but now i've been checking the examples to see which still work after encountering an error.

The ones that stopped working (at least on Ubuntu 8.04, using the dynamic build) are:
* the real faults

examples/0.6.8/test_zlib2.lua:
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: test_zlib2.lua:23: bad argument #1 to 'inflate' (input parameter must be a string, function, table or userdata value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'inflate'
test_zlib2.lua:23: in main chunk
[C]: ?

examples/basic/simpleApp2.lua crashes when hit the quit button
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: simpleApp2.lua:21: attempt to call field 'fl_ask' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
simpleApp2.lua:21: in function <simpleApp2.lua:20>
[C]: in function 'run'
simpleApp2.lua:40: in main chunk

examples/new/treeTest.lua
sometimes, after editing lines, the cursor disappears behind the window, and I don't know how to get it back... some bug in the tree code?

examples/old_demos/clock_demo/clock_demo.lua
The clock ticks irregularly, and flickers from time to time.

examples/tests$ murgaLua drawSleepTest.lua
segfaults

* due to renaming of printDebug

examples/0.6.x/gridTest.lua
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: gridTest.lua:5: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
gridTest.lua:5: in main chunk
examples/tests/murgaLuaLibTest.lua
Constructing table
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: murgaLuaLibTest.lua:12: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
murgaLuaLibTest.lua:12: in main chunk

examples/tests/xmlImport.lua
Imported XML dump :

/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: xmlImport.lua:24: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
xmlImport.lua:24: in main chunk

One other thing: the line editing in the statically linked linux version still doesn't work... dunno if this is intentional or not.
I'm so looking forward to the 6.9 final Smile
Greets,
Jan-Pieter

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-30-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: simpleApp2.lua:21: attempt to call field 'fl_ask' (a nil value)

I think fl_ask was removed from murgaLua several months ago...maybe it was overlooked in the example (fl_choice should be used instead).

Quote:
The clock ticks irregularly, and flickers from time to time.

The clock demo really should have been removed or replaced when the murgaLua timer was added. The irregularity is probably the result of a delay between the second-long count and the time it takes to redraw the clock with an image. The flickering can probably be fixed by changing Fl_Window to Fl_Double_Window, but really this demo had already been repaired within the murgaLua_demos package, so it's not needed. Even in the repaired version, though, you might still experience the irregular ticks on a slow machine due to the need to redraw every second.

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - asafp - 10-09-2008 01:36 AM

What is the status of the murgaLua compiler? What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to distribute one item instead of a lot of small scripts.

Does anyone know of a script that will combine a base script and all it's required scripts into one script? How about a script that cleans up lua source code and tosses out unused variables and functions?

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - jpjacobs - 12-11-2008 07:54 PM

Oh yea, an other thing that I missed in the previous release is the nanoki wiki server... it was really a cool example of the power of the murgaLua combination of Lua, networking,....
JP