Murga-Projects Forums
murgalua doesnt work without any output - Printable Version

+- Murga-Projects Forums (http://www.murga-projects.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Project Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MurgaLua - General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: murgalua doesnt work without any output (/showthread.php?tid=365)

murgalua doesnt work without any output - jyf1987 - 03-26-2009 10:39 PM

i managed two server of my company
but both them are at inner-net
so i cant ssh on they at home
and i try to make an irc bot run on them
to receive cmd ,excute ,then send back the result
code here : http://jyf-code.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/murgualua/irc-bot/bot2.lua
screen shot

but there's a strange problem
one server(A) works well
while the other(B) not

B has the same os with A ,its ubuntu 8.04 server

and the same root access ,same intepreter,
but still one works the other not

after there,i try to install the official lua5.1 and luasocket
then the bot on server B works

so how can it be?

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - mikshaw - 03-26-2009 11:35 PM

It took a while to see what the real question was, but now I'm as lost as you. Maybe the murgaLua on B got corrupted...did you try reinstalling it? I was going to suggest that there might be some network configuration differences until I saw that B works with Lua proper. This is a long shot, but maybe A already had Lua installed and was using that instead of MurgaLua? Maybe you have gremlins?

My first thought when I saw your screenshot (thinking it was murgaLua gui) was "How the heck did you get icons in the tabs?" =o)

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - jyf1987 - 03-26-2009 11:50 PM

hey,mikshaw:

the two server has the same network configure its just on the same inner-net
and i dont think that network cause murgalua error
on the server B
when i type
murgaLua
it has nothing output
normally,it will go into the lua console,isnt it?
btw,i found a package of yours in tiny core linux's software list
so do you know if the tiny core linux can run like puppylinux
i mean use vitual filesysystem on fat or any other fs

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - mikshaw - 03-27-2009 06:04 AM

Quote:
on the server B
when i type
murgaLua
it has nothing output
normally,it will go into the lua console,isnt it?

That's correct. It should give you a little information about murgaLua and then show a prompt. So maybe the murgaLua on server B is corrupt? Or maybe there's an issue with the terminal? Then again, Lua works, right? So I still don't have much of an idea of what's wrong.

Quote:
btw,i found a package of yours in tiny core linux's software list

I'm assuming that's not the extensions you're talking about, since I haven't made any for TC yet. I made a couple of murgaLua scripts for Damn Small, such as the extension browser, that were converted to C++/FLTK for use in TC. Maybe that's what you're talking about? I prefer using murgaLua myself, partly because I don't have a clue how to program in C++, but mostly because you can make quick changes and never have to compile it or provide extra source files.

Quote:
so do you know if the tiny core linux can run like puppylinux
i mean use vitual filesysystem on fat or any other fs

It supports a few filesystems. I know ext is supported in the kernel, and fat, vfat, and msdos are supported through included kernel modules. Some other file systems are supported through an external module extension, although if you use that you would need to set up any mounts youself (as opposed to using boot options to mount /home, /usr/local, or /opt). I'm not really sure what you mean by virtual filesystems, though, since I have very little experience with Puppy....if you're talking about mounted loops or other device, then yes. Tiny Core was designed to be quite flexible, as long as you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty sometimes. I'm sure it can be tweaked to do whatever you need it to do. Personally I have TC remastered to include reiserfs support in the core so I can use an existing /home partition on my harddrive and keep applications installed in a persistent /usr/local directory on that same partition. I still haven't done much with murgaLua on TC yet, but I'm still working on getting some fundamental things built (winmodem and wacom drivers in particular).

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - jyf1987 - 03-27-2009 03:38 PM

finally ,i decide to re-install the server B 's OS

and hey ,mikshaw,what i mean is that
use a file-base fs like puppy4.sfs on any exists partition
and the kernel will auto-load the xxx.sfs

then a save.sfs will need too

i am very like tiny core linux now
but as i live in china,the connect speed is too slow
so i want to save the software on local disk

and mikshaw, do you have an email adress?

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - mikshaw - 03-28-2009 12:41 AM

It wouldn't work on just any filesystem without adding support for that fs to Tiny Core. The ext4 filesystem is not part of TC, but it *might* mount as ext3, the way an ext3 filesystem will mount as ext2 if you don't have specific support for ext3.
In any case, Puppy sounds like it is configured specifically to make use the mounted virtual filesystem. TC doesn't do that for the whole file system (just /usr/local), but it can probably be made to do it without a huge amount of trouble. Keep in mind that the TC base is only 16mb extracted into ram, so if you use a mountable /usr/local file you get pretty close to the whole thing mounted. One drawback to this is loading additional tce extensions will add to RAM usage. I think the tclocal file is read-only. If using a persistent /usr/local directory (PPI mode) and sticking with extensions that are PPI compatible, added extensions will not add to RAM usage. Also, using TCZ extensions instead of TCE will not increase your RAM usage, since they are mounted rather than extracted.

I've got a slow connection too, as well as a rather slow machine, which is the main reason I opted for a persistent /usr/local directory. If I loaded the applications on every boot, the boot time increases by about 3 or 4 times....still quicker than a Debian boot, though =o)

RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - jyf1987 - 03-28-2009 03:47 PM

got it,thx