Murga-Projects Forums
MurgaLua 4.1 + LuaJIT 1.1.3 works - Printable Version

+- Murga-Projects Forums (
+-- Forum: Project Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MurgaLua - General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MurgaLua 4.1 + LuaJIT 1.1.3 works (/showthread.php?tid=96)

MurgaLua 4.1 + LuaJIT 1.1.3 works - Foozle - 07-11-2007 03:45 PM

Hi all--

My first post here. I just started looking at Lua a few days ago, so beg pardon if this topic has been covered before or is trivial. I didn't find anything using forum search or Google on the subject though.

With very little tweaking, a MurgaLua 4.1 recompile incorporating LuaJIT 1.1.3 seems to work just fine on Mac OSX Intel. Thanks much John for your site, your docs, and of course MurgaLua!

The only source code changes needed were a few paths and incorporating a couple of arg processing functions from LuaJIT to handle the -O (optimization) flag.

I haven't tested much, but the sample Lua programs on this site and those from the Debian Language Shootout work flawlessly.

It seems pretty robust, and speed on the shootout benchmarks is essentially the same as standalone LuaJIT. I haven't tested XML or mysql functionality at all. fltk and sockets (John's chat example) seem to be fine. There may be bugs lurking, but so far so good.

Alas, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Though fast and apparently stable, the MurgaLua+LuaJIT runtime weighs in at a whopping 1.6 MB. Might be interesting to tweak the compile time optimizations and see the size/speed tradeoffs.

RE: MurgaLua 4.1 + LuaJIT 1.1.3 works - JohnMurga - 07-11-2007 05:08 PM

Cool ... Worth looking into that's for sure ...

I'll do some tests under Linux/Windows ... Thanks !!