News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators
RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available

jyf1987 Wrote:
maybe you could make a lua again fluid

What do you mean ?

If you are talking about the Linux FLUID needing stdlibc++ I am going to make a new build in the next few days and I'll fix that.

Cheers
JohnM

09-14-2008 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikshaw

Group: Registered

Concerning Fl_Tree: What does state() represent? It seems to show 1 after a selection when the object is not already selected, 2 when the object is already selected, and 16 as if it were a very slow double-click.

Can 16 be reliably used to detect a double-click, say with the addition of a check to see if it's already 16 or forcing it to 2 if possible? Clicking multiple times continues to display 16, as long as you click within half a second or so.

09-15-2008 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators

mikshaw Wrote:
Concerning Fl_Tree: What does state() represent? It seems to show 1 after a selection when the object is not already selected, 2 when the object is already selected, and 16 as if it were a very slow double-click.

Can 16 be reliably used to detect a double-click, say with the addition of a check to see if it's already 16 or forcing it to 2 if possible? Clicking multiple times continues to display 16, as long as you click within half a second or so.

I believe so ...

FL_TOGGLE_SELECT when you click on the item for the first time (1).
FL_TOGGLE_RESELECT is the (2).
FL_TOGGLE_HIT is for the double click (16) ...

I double check in a minute.

You can have a look at this, although it won't help you with this issue :

murgaLua/doc/fltk/Fl_ToggleTree.html#Fl_ToggleTree.state

Cheers
JohnM

09-15-2008 03:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrBill

I think jyf1987 means to convert something like one of Mikshaw's demo's or this tree back into a Fluid file so that its a base for visual editing.

The tree for instance isn't available in Fluid (is it?).

I think we'll need a murgaLua editor, built with murgaLua so its fully scriptable and compatible. I figure some of these additions to the software are heading toward making that fully possible by version 1.0 or before.

Fluid is a handy stand in at the moment, but there is room for improvement.
Like find and replace text...oh how that kills me.

I've done some hacking in the past using Lua to generate Fluid code that made a grid of boxes or buttons that would have been a total nightmare doing by hand in Fluid. Must have been a while back and one of those 32 hour days because its not a very solid memory at all, I just know I did it.

Right now much of my iGame3D main interface started as Fluid, but eventually is pulled apart so that the .fl file just holds maybe a window, globals, a few needed functions and file references, which do the rest of the gui construction in a more dynamic way than Fluid itself would allow. The Fluid I hope is generic enough to be re-used as a template for similar interfaces.

It all started with a monstrous Fluid file which provided organization and then devolved back down to good old simple Lua text files, which I've yet to find an editor that has all the features I need and organizes multiple related files into a comprehensible and easy to navigate 'project'.

I'm sure we'll come up with something eventually. :-)

09-15-2008 05:47 AM
mikshaw

The murgaLua ide is something that has crossed my mind many times, but it's such a big project that I know it would be beyond my abilities...I'd definitely be interested in contributing, though.

An inspiring project of a similar sort might be vtcl (Visual Tcl), a Tcl/Tk IDE written in Tcl which produces pure Tcl/Tk code.

09-15-2008 08:59 AM
jyf1987

i mean you can make fluid using murgalua
so that it can make lua code for user
and it willl also be a lua-fltk's demo script

Cheers
jyf
09-15-2008 10:35 PM
jpjacobs

Hi!
It's been quite some time, i've been around, but now i've been checking the examples to see which still work after encountering an error.

The ones that stopped working (at least on Ubuntu 8.04, using the dynamic build) are:
* the real faults

examples/0.6.8/test_zlib2.lua:
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: test_zlib2.lua:23: bad argument #1 to 'inflate' (input parameter must be a string, function, table or userdata value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'inflate'
test_zlib2.lua:23: in main chunk
[C]: ?

examples/basic/simpleApp2.lua crashes when hit the quit button
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: simpleApp2.lua:21: attempt to call field 'fl_ask' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
simpleApp2.lua:21: in function <simpleApp2.lua:20>
[C]: in function 'run'
simpleApp2.lua:40: in main chunk

examples/new/treeTest.lua
sometimes, after editing lines, the cursor disappears behind the window, and I don't know how to get it back... some bug in the tree code?

examples/old_demos/clock_demo/clock_demo.lua
The clock ticks irregularly, and flickers from time to time.

examples/tests$ murgaLua drawSleepTest.lua
segfaults

* due to renaming of printDebug

examples/0.6.x/gridTest.lua
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: gridTest.lua:5: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
gridTest.lua:5: in main chunk
examples/tests/murgaLuaLibTest.lua
Constructing table
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: murgaLuaLibTest.lua:12: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
murgaLuaLibTest.lua:12: in main chunk

examples/tests/xmlImport.lua
Imported XML dump :

/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: xmlImport.lua:24: attempt to call field 'printDebug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
xmlImport.lua:24: in main chunk

One other thing: the line editing in the statically linked linux version still doesn't work... dunno if this is intentional or not.
I'm so looking forward to the 6.9 final Smile
Greets,
Jan-Pieter

09-30-2008 07:43 AM
mikshaw

Quote:
/usr/local/bin/murgaLua: simpleApp2.lua:21: attempt to call field 'fl_ask' (a nil value)

I think fl_ask was removed from murgaLua several months ago...maybe it was overlooked in the example (fl_choice should be used instead).

Quote:
The clock ticks irregularly, and flickers from time to time.

The clock demo really should have been removed or replaced when the murgaLua timer was added. The irregularity is probably the result of a delay between the second-long count and the time it takes to redraw the clock with an image. The flickering can probably be fixed by changing Fl_Window to Fl_Double_Window, but really this demo had already been repaired within the murgaLua_demos package, so it's not needed. Even in the repaired version, though, you might still experience the irregular ticks on a slow machine due to the need to redraw every second.

09-30-2008 09:51 AM
asafp

What is the status of the murgaLua compiler? What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to distribute one item instead of a lot of small scripts.

Does anyone know of a script that will combine a base script and all it's required scripts into one script? How about a script that cleans up lua source code and tosses out unused variables and functions?

10-09-2008 01:36 AM
jpjacobs

Oh yea, an other thing that I missed in the previous release is the nanoki wiki server... it was really a cool example of the power of the murgaLua combination of Lua, networking,....
JP

12-11-2008 07:54 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites