News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (11): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

Thanks for that test. I guess I'll need to hit that again. I'm going to get the latest version onto a Windows machine sometime in the next couple of days so I can bang it around to see what breaks.

08-21-2007 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikshaw

I don't have a real reason to post this except to break the 2+ day lull here.

Additional widgets since Alpha 1 include:
system fonts (Fl:set_fonts)
curve drawing
freehand drawing (very limited)
Fl_Secret_Input
Fl_Scroll (John's example that I forgot to enable last time)
Fl_Progress
Fl_PNG_Image
Fl_PNM_Image
label symbols
cursors
fl_dir_chooser
Fl_Window

I made some pathname changes that I overlooked which should prevent problems in Windows, but I haven't tested it yet.
Also on Windows I need to test and work on the demo_appdir variable code

I'm running into more and more functions and widgets that are crashing, or just not doing anything. They are mostly FLTK things that are not implemented in murgaLua, but some are questionable. Some functions give me the impression that they are part of murgaLua but i just am not using them properly. I think I'm running out of quantity (apart from the more complex drawing functions that I'm afraid of) so I should start thinking more about quality.

08-25-2007 10:00 AM
mikshaw

It's been nearly a month since the last upload, so I've released Alpha 2
From the changelog:

Quote:
* Alpha 2 released
* Removed dropdown menu from align.lua
* A few minor changes for easier keyboard control
* Added notes for various widgets
* Fixed some filename path issues for Windows
* Added some image manipulation to image widgets
* Added examples:
system fonts
curve drawing
freehand drawing
line drawing
secret input
scroll
progress bar
PNG image
PNM image
label symbols
cursors
fl_dir_chooser
window
radio buttons
tooltips

A few examples are broken or incomplete. I just wanted to take a break from those particular issues for a while.
There are still minor problems with the main script that need to be fixed before a beta release is made.

From this point on, the first post in the this thread will have a link to the most recent version

This post was last modified: 09-12-2007 04:51 AM by mikshaw.

09-12-2007 04:48 AM
iGame3D

Group: Moderators

Checking this out again, figured I'd bump the thread.

widgets_demo-alpha2.tar.gz

12-11-2007 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikshaw

I've made a few improvements, but I don't want to do much more until I get a chance to fully test it on Windows. I have fairly convenient access to a Windows XP machine, but honestly have been too lazy to go there and take the time to run the tests.
Just wanted to let you know that this isn't a dead project, but it probably won't pick up speed until after I upgrade my Slackware and DSL systems, reorganize the study, gather some more deadwood to keep me warm through the next few months, hack together the three old puters I have in the closet into one halfway decent box, fix some holes in the walls, yadda, yadda, yadda...

I'm guessing probably after christmas before a beta is ready.

12-12-2007 02:35 PM
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators

mikshaw Wrote:
I've made a few improvements, but I don't want to do much more until I get a chance to fully test it on Windows. I have fairly convenient access to a Windows XP machine, but honestly have been too lazy to go there and take the time to run the tests.

I tested it in Windows and don't remember finding any major issues, either way it is something I'd really like to include in a future release (in some form).

Oh, and murgaLua isn't dead either, I just don't get much time to work on it right now ...
Although I am hoping Christmas will help with that :-)

Cheers
JohnM

12-12-2007 10:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikshaw

Quote:
I tested it in Windows and don't remember finding any major issues

There is apparently an issue in Windows with the path to the script. I've been told that it can't be run from just any arbitrary location. It must be run from within the program directory, which is not my idea of good design. This is my main concern for Windows at the moment, but I do want to thoroughly go through everything.
There is also the matter of a few half-completed and half-broken scripts that I will either remove or try to fix, but I'm undecided.

Quote:
it is something I'd really like to include in a future release (in some form)

I would assume "in some form" is the key phrase. This package is much larger than I ever expected it to be, mainly because I hadn't originally planned to include images or documentation. I'm not sure it would be appropriate to "include" it as-is with murgaLua, since it would cause a sharp growth spurt to the ML download size.

12-13-2007 01:44 AM
Juergen

mikshaw Wrote:
There is apparently an issue in Windows with the path to the script. I've been told that it can't be run from just any arbitrary location. It must be run from within the program directory, which is not my idea of good design. This is my main concern for Windows at the moment, but I do want to thoroughly go through everything.
There is also the matter of a few half-completed and half-broken scripts that I will either remove or try to fix, but I'm undecided.

Isn't this something you already fixed for alpha2? I tried it today with alpha2 and it works (at least for me).

mikshaw Wrote:

JohnMurga Wrote:
it is something I'd really like to include in a future release (in some form)

I would assume "in some form" is the key phrase. This package is much larger than I ever expected it to be, mainly because I hadn't originally planned to include images or documentation. I'm not sure it would be appropriate to "include" it as-is with murgaLua, since it would cause a sharp growth spurt to the ML download size.

As long as John has no bandwidth problem with his page, I don't think that a few 100kB matter. If that is really an issue, it would make more sense to break up the current murgaLua package in source and binary packages.

Juergen

12-14-2007 01:10 AM
mikshaw

Quote:
Isn't this something you already fixed for alpha2? I tried it today with alpha2 and it works (at least for me).

Maybe, but to be honest I can't recall exactly what that particular fix was. The last time I used this on Windows was only very briefly, so I mainly want to take more time to definitely make sure it works the same on both systems (i have no access to OSX).

Quote:
If that is really an issue, it would make more sense to break up the current murgaLua package in source and binary packages.

I suppose it could also be broken down further into source and separate binaries for the supported operating systems, as is typical of most other software projects.

12-14-2007 07:54 AM
jpjacobs

hi!
i found a rather bizar bug: in the draw-freehand example, if viewing the code, and then dragging the mouse results in a segfault (on linux).
It's the same with the draw-freehand-lines , if you don't hit stop before.
I guess it's something to do with not stopping the drawing function before.

greetz,
JP

This post was last modified: 12-15-2007 04:40 AM by jpjacobs.

12-15-2007 04:32 AM
Pages (11): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites