News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
So what IS going on with MurgaLua
asafp

Group: Registered
RE: So what IS going on with MurgaLua

Maybe I should be more specific about what I'm trying to do. I want to use all the good stuff in murgalua, but now I want to add on mysql. I've looked at luasql and luarocks and find it confusing and intimidating. I'd need to do this for both windows and linux and if at all possible, I'd like to avoid using gcc/make and setting a whole bunch of environment variables.

I'm not sure luaaio has all that much overhead. It comes with a bunch of .so/.dll files, but you can simply delete the ones you don't need. For linux, there is a lua executable at 133K and a lua.so at 154K.

I'm not a C programmer and I've never looked at any of the lua source code and don't want to. Apparently 5.1 has luarocks and an updated packaging system, but it looks like a mess to me. I admit I'm lazy. I think what luaaio is trying to do is let you add a new package by simply plugging in a .so or .dll file and that sounds real good to me.

03-30-2008 12:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what IS going on with MurgaLua - asafp - 03-30-2008 12:37 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites