News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
MurgaLua full release
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators
RE: MurgaLua full release

Juergen Wrote:
Which is a trivial change.

Also the userdata with the metatable isn't that different from the C++ behavior. If you want, you can add the __add meta method to get the increment behavior.

I have no desire to change the syntax to be more like C++, and to me it makes NO SENSE ... As it happens when testing my latest user_data stuff I have also found it would result in additional LUA UserData chunk creation.

I don't want the lua code to behave like if it was C++, that is not the point.

Juergen Wrote:
In some applications there are more then one menu. There may be multiple menu bars (sometimes there are multiple windows, like a small text editor for example), there could be multiple menu buttons or context menus. They can of course share the menu_item class/structure. For some functionality it is necessary to change the menu or access the parent widget or window.

If you had a chance to read my other post you'd see that I'm putting functionality in place to support that usage pattern ... As I know it'll come up :-)

Juergen Wrote:
Therefore the Menu_Item callback is just the same as the Menu callback but finer grained. It doesn't really make sense to provide a pointer to the menu_item to the callback.

As part of the finer level of granularity I believe it does make sense :-)

But I have to give you a way to get hold of the parent menu (which I have done).

Juergen Wrote:
I have an alternative suggestion. A few weeks ago I did a small user_data replacement implementation in pure Lua:
It is simple, works with all values (also functions or tables). I guess it isn't hard to do it in C++ with some metatable magic and hide the table somewhere.

Again, if you had looked at my other post you would have seen that I have implemented something quite similar ... And as I said the reason for this is that I wanted people to be able to associate tables and anything else they be able to do normally from Lua.

I get your points, but I am not afraid of deviating from FLTK where it makes sense, and where (in my mind) it makes things simpler.

And far as the documentation ... The first step is for me to document the differences, and the second is for me to document everything :-)

Just out curiosity, what are you using murgaLua for ?

Cheers
JohnM

02-14-2008 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 01-29-2008, 12:32 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - Juergen - 01-29-2008, 01:53 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - iGame3D - 01-29-2008, 03:31 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 01-29-2008, 08:47 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - Juergen - 02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 02-11-2008, 11:09 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - Juergen - 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
RE: MurgaLua full release - JohnMurga - 02-12-2008, 09:47 AM