News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
a brief look at murgaLua 0.6.8
znarf

Group: Registered
a brief look at murgaLua 0.6.8

Hi all,

I looked into the most recent murgaLua 0.6.8 package, and generally I was pleased by the plentitude of new features recently added.
While I was impressed by the possibilities of the luacom library (especially the speech synthetization example!), I nevertheless would opt to keep it out of official murgaLua main package, because it is completely specific to a single operating system. Wasn't it the main idea of murgaLua to provide a common runtime which runs on all supported platforms identically? I do not have any objections against providing luacom as an optional add-on package.
Similarly, I personally would not include the win32 specific parts of luasys. Furthermore, it looks like there are some overlaps between luasys and luasocket. For the sake of staying small, it would be useful to leave them out, however, I'm pretty aware that this makes maintenance more difficult.

One general problem of the recent additions is their general lack of documentation. As first step they should be mentioned somewhere in the doc/murgaLua.html page at least.

Best regards and thanks for all your hard work,
Gerald

05-02-2008 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
a brief look at murgaLua 0.6.8 - znarf - 05-02-2008 11:41 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites