News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
RE: Abuse of license
znarf

Group: Registered
RE: Abuse of license

Hi John,

I am seriously concerned by these posts and just want to support Jan-Pieter's words. From my own feeble open-source projects I know that these strong emotional ties one has towards one's own babies, and it really hurts if one of them is treated inappropriately. Nevertheless, letting the baby starve might not be the most constructive response.

murgaLua is a great example of a small open-source project which just fills an evident gap: there is just no other platform-independent runtime environment which allows programmers to create general purpose GUI applications which just work on such a wide range of machines with virtually no deployment annoyances. For a single-person project this is a really really great achievement.

So I'd like to encourage you to stay on your original development path, and rather introduce the license changes just when you have decided on them. Everything else would raise serious concerns regarding the future and life expectancy of murgaLua, and potentially deter people from using it and investing in it in an appropriate way.

All the best,
Gerald

06-20-2008 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abuse of license - jpjacobs - 06-20-2008, 02:44 AM
RE: RE: Abuse of license - JohnMurga - 06-20-2008, 04:01 AM
RE: Abuse of license - znarf - 06-20-2008 04:50 AM
RE: RE: Abuse of license - JohnMurga - 06-20-2008, 07:32 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend