News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
murgalua doesnt work without any output
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output

It wouldn't work on just any filesystem without adding support for that fs to Tiny Core. The ext4 filesystem is not part of TC, but it *might* mount as ext3, the way an ext3 filesystem will mount as ext2 if you don't have specific support for ext3.
In any case, Puppy sounds like it is configured specifically to make use the mounted virtual filesystem. TC doesn't do that for the whole file system (just /usr/local), but it can probably be made to do it without a huge amount of trouble. Keep in mind that the TC base is only 16mb extracted into ram, so if you use a mountable /usr/local file you get pretty close to the whole thing mounted. One drawback to this is loading additional tce extensions will add to RAM usage. I think the tclocal file is read-only. If using a persistent /usr/local directory (PPI mode) and sticking with extensions that are PPI compatible, added extensions will not add to RAM usage. Also, using TCZ extensions instead of TCE will not increase your RAM usage, since they are mounted rather than extracted.

I've got a slow connection too, as well as a rather slow machine, which is the main reason I opted for a persistent /usr/local directory. If I loaded the applications on every boot, the boot time increases by about 3 or 4 times....still quicker than a Debian boot, though =o)

03-28-2009 12:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - mikshaw - 03-28-2009 12:41 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites