News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
real time activity
ceeuu

Group: Registered
RE: real time activity

I tried to bury the command a bit... '/bin/ping -c 4 192.168.1.1 | {while read line; do echo $line; done }' but couldn't figure out how to get it into the sys.spawn() call.. but did put it into a script and call it with the address as an arg and it does allow the timer to work. The output from the command/script is captured from what looks like a mixture of the fdi:read() call in the on_timer function and the fdi:read() call just beyond the sys.spawn() block,.. removing the one beyond sys.spawn() allows the one in on_timer() to handle all output (need to populate a widget). Now I guess I just need to kill the timer when all the data has been retrieved.. how do I do that?

Oh, and since I moved the command to a script and call it with an arg it doesn't really need the extra while loop layer. I'm wondering if I could place this command into sys.spawn() if I would need the call to an outside script....

01-22-2010 05:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
real time activity - ceeuu - 01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
RE: real time activity - mikshaw - 01-19-2010, 04:28 AM
RE: real time activity - JohnMurga - 01-20-2010, 07:35 AM
RE: real time activity - ceeuu - 01-22-2010, 04:12 AM
RE: real time activity - ceeuu - 01-22-2010 05:05 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites