News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
puzzle remix
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: puzzle remix

The initial file is the image that is loaded directly, so it makes sense that it would be okay. I'm wondering if the PNG might have an alpha channel...I haven't tested that. I've had one or two tests that resulted in the preview image (hotkey "p") displaying fine, but the tiles not. That also kinda makes sense because the tiles are created with fl_read_image and the preview is created with getOffScreenImage. If one of those is coded correctly and the other is not, one will work and the other won't.

I have been getting variations of the same problems you listed, depending on how the image reading and tiling code is done, and I still don't fully understand why some images break while similar images do not. On my system, the most recent version seems to work for every image I've tried except for GIFs. But I haven't tried any large files except for JPGs. I suppose there's a good chance that fl_read_image may be influenced by the user's windowing system. I wouldn't be surprised if even a difference in Xorg/Xfree version or configuration could have an impact.

Unfortunately the only thing that so far seems to work without these problems is scaling an image down to fit within the screen size. But that is not acceptible to me...the main reason I started this project was that the slide puzzle image size restriction was annoying me.

It won't be long before I get back to messing with the image code again, but for now I want to wear it in for a while and try to find specific types of images that are causing trouble.

Also, the save button was activated in the wrong place, making it impossible to save again after loading a saved puzzle. It's hopefully been fixed now, but I didn't notice the bug until after I'd worked on a saved puzzle for a couple of hours =op

This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 08:23 AM by mikshaw.

01-11-2011 05:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-08-2011, 04:17 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-09-2011, 04:16 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-09-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-10-2011, 05:04 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-10-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
RE: puzzle remix - mikshaw - 01-11-2011, 01:02 AM