News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Current state and planned features, please read - UPDATED
widged

Group: Registered
RE: Current state and planned features, please read.

JohnMurga Wrote:
I have just taken a job in Zurich (Switzerland)

Congrats on the new job Smile

JohnMurga Wrote:
So please bear with me right now.

Smile

JohnMurga Wrote:
        General chat
        Cookbook and examples
        Bugs and feature requests

(Any suggestions?)

TRAC is the obvious option for bug tracking. But TRAC is quite weak as a community wiki (no ideally suited for writing cookbook and examples as formatting options are limited). Drupal (CMS) is very popular, with an extraordinary number of modules. But it can be a bit slow to use. Dokuwiki (wiki) is another very popular option. I am familiar with both and can easily set up a demo of these, with admin access to you to play and explore. Don't hesitate to contact me for more information on these (or others).

As I know you are familiar with Awk, a *very* lightweight wiki is awki (you can get it to look a lot better than on this information page).

A problem with wikis is that there is a cost of changing your mind and going for another one. The formatting syntax is always slightly different (though converters are not that difficult to write).

The wiki matrix offers ample information to guide you in your choice.

JohnMurga Wrote:
  • I want to write a really good example database app

I have a candidate. An app written in another language I would like to try and transfer to murgalua. Already relies on sqlite. That's a bookmarks manager that uses a delicious type of category tagging, but backed up by an ontology tree.

This post was last modified: 06-09-2007 04:34 AM by widged.

06-09-2007 04:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state and planned features, please read. - widged - 06-09-2007 04:31 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites