News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
introduce myself

Group: Registered
introduce myself

Hello everyone,

I don't really have any questions right now. I just wanted to introduce myself becasue I know that I will as my project progresses.

My name is Chuck Tilbury. I live in Washington state, USA. I am planning to use murgaLua to write a simple business application to track my customers and all. It will be called CVI for Customers Vendors and Inventory. I have been planning it for a long time. All of the off-the-shelf software (such as Quickbooks and AppGen) has a bunch of stuff that I dont need and lacks some things that I do need.

I have been writing embedded software in C and ASM for over 20 years, but I am new to Lua. The business that I am attempting to create is to make hand made musical instruments. Check out my web site at, if you want to know more. During the day I am the mild mannered software developer and during the night I am the mad whistle maker... Smile

I tried to build my own murgaLua, but without success. There are a lot of dependencies that I do not have installed. Is there a step-by-step HOWTO somewhere that tells how to get that done? I am currently using Fedora 6 as my main work platform.

Thanks, guys!

06-25-2007 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
introduce myself - chuckt - 06-25-2007 03:41 PM
RE: introduce myself - JohnMurga - 06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
RE: introduce myself - mikshaw - 06-26-2007, 02:22 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites