News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

I got the old pc loaded with Win2000 and messed around with the quotes problem until it seems to work in both Windows and Linux (I assume OSX will have no trouble with it).
The solution was to use single quotes to concatenate the shell command in the main script, use double quotes for the -e string (windows shell requirement, apparently), and double brackets to enclose the directory path so it will just be seen by the shell as part of the -e string:

Code:
io.popen(MURGALUA..' -e "images=[['..images..']]" '..tempfile)

So I made a beta 3b release with only that change and a couple of minor additions. There's a new image/animation test, and a "What's New" page. After clicking around a bit, I think you're right that the interface still needs improvement.
http://www.murga-projects.com/forum/atta...php?aid=38

Quote:
If you are in the states, I could send you a 600Mhz Win XP laptop and a OS X 10.4 900Mhz iBook.

There's no way I could turn that down! I've bugged/begged some people I know to spead the word around that I'm willing to take old machines off their hands to refurbish and give away, or just to use as parts or testing machines, but since I live in the sticks there aren't many people who even have old computers.

I have seen OSX from a secondhand view, but never actually had an opportunity to use it. I've also not seen how iGame3D is built (I assume it's not pure lua), so it's likely that I wouldn't be able to do much in the way of coding. But I am (or technically *was*) a professional artist and animator, so I'm not limited to just testing and scripting.

Keep in mind, though, that if I got my hands on an XP laptop it would probably become at least a dual-boot machine pretty fast =o)

Quote:
You could emulate MacOS 9.
Wanna try murgaLua without a command line?

I thought murgaLua wouldn't run on OS9?

03-03-2008 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 03-03-2008 08:27 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites