News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Group: Registered
Smile  [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Latest update: 1 April 2008

In the Days Before MurgaLua [last year =o)], I had built a gui tool for Lua-FLTK reference. It was designed to display various types of FLTK widgets along with the script used to create those widgets, so a user (and me) could quickly refer to it whenever the need arose to be reminded of the syntax of a particular type of widget. I found it much more convenient than referring only to the FLTK manual or other completed scripts, since the manual focuses on C++ rather than Lua and full scripts are often too complex to easily find what I was looking for. The act of writing the tool was a learning experience in itself as well.

To the point....I started working on a similar tool for MurgaLua today. It is a murgaLua script itself, so all code will be open.

I was thinking of including a few bits that have been posted by others in this forum, but would like to know if I have the permission to do so. If it's okay, please let me know. Specifically, I think that would be John, Bill, and Marielle (and Robert S., if you happen to read this).

Also, if anyone would like to contribute code, particularly for widgets I find confusing (Fl_Scroll, Fl_Wizard, Fl_Menu_Item come to mind), or other bits of code that could be seen as "handy tricks" or simply are not found in every murgaLua script in existence (i think standard button usage has been covered well enough), they would also be greatly appreciated.

Ideally code would be of the "keep it simple" variety, and well commented, as this is to be used not only as a reference for current programmers but also as a learning tool for beginners. While it currently focuses on FLTK, it might be expanded to non-FLTK parts of murgaLua in the future.

Proper credit will of course be displayed prominently.

Thank you for your time.

This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 06:21 AM by mikshaw.

07-10-2007 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007 05:00 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites