News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

Quote:
You can definately use anything I post.

Thank you =o)

Quote:
My work is not 'well commented' because I don't know what I'm doing well enough to explain it someone else.

Notice I said "ideally" =o)

Quote:
Do you have an outline of what you'll be covering?

I hope to at least include one example of each murgaLua-supported item listed in the "Class Reference" and "Function Reference" sections of the FLTK docs. The examples will range in complexity from simply displaying a widget (Fl_Clock) to very basic applications (use a file selector to load/save text). Whether or not they will get much more complex than that is currently undecided. For now the only plan is to show every supported widget.

Quote:
I have noticed that everyone posts what appears to be hand scripted GUI's.

Personally I have very little interest in Fluid. I don't trust WYSIWYG tools to create clean, simple code. I've seen it with HTML editors, such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage, where manual editing the file afterward is a huge pain in the butt, and have heard the same applies with other tools. I also do not care to be made to do things the way a tool tells me it should be done.
The main thing about hand-coding, for me, is that I feel more comfortable in knowing how to write scripts. Maybe it's a bit elitist, but I think a programmer/scripter should know and understand his language as well as he can, not only for the sake of greater general knowledge but for an increased ability to solve problems and fine-tune the program's behavior.

07-11-2007 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 07-11-2007 01:56 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites