News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

Thank you. There is much in DSL that has greatly impressed me.

The Lua-FLTK reference package was quite a bit different than this one, particularly in the sense that this one will be read-only rather than having the ability to edit code samples and save as a new file. That feature may have been handy for some, but I found that I never used it and it seemed to just add unnecessary complexity. At this time, the code samples load into a browser, but I think it would probably be better to use Fl_Multiline_Output() so you could select specific parts.

I got kind of sidetracked yesterday digging into new little bits of code that i kept running into, and almost got _very_ sidetracked into studying the drawing functions (but that will take some time to absorb, and I don't think i'm ready yet), and didn't do much work adding to the widget collection.

I'm trying to keep the main script as simple as possible, although over time my scripts tend to get more complex than I would like. Right now I'm still debating whether to keep the current method of using dofile() on all included widget files when the script first runs, or go back to trying my original (so far unsuccessful) plan of loading each widget only when needed. The original plan would definitely be better, but for some reason replacing widgets/groups dynamically seems to be somewhat limited (possibly to particular classes?). But this particular issue can be addressed at any time, I suppose, as long as I don't add much extra code that depends on the method of loading widget files.

Anyway....I guess most of this post is just a ramble session. For now the main script works fairly well, so I guess I'll concentate on quantity for a little while.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the tool will provide a way to display a text file for each sample for any information that may not comfortably fit in as script comments, so if you have any special notes about a submitted or otherwise acquired script, feel free to donate some comments. I'll probably start posting test releases to this thread within the next couple of weeks, so if you see anything of yours included please feel free to add your comments, motivation for the script, tips on using your code, or anything else you have to say about it, and I'll put it in the text files.

This post was last modified: 07-12-2007 12:26 PM by mikshaw.

07-12-2007 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 07-12-2007 08:18 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites