News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

Small update:

I'm continuing to work on the project at least a few minutes every day, so it is progressing. With each new piece, though, I'm finding new things that I have to learn (or relearn in a different way from Lua-FLTK) so progress has been slow. Also ran into a snag which required a rewrite of the widget-loading mechanism, but that was something I had been expecting to do since near the beginning.

The original "a few weeks" might turn into "a month or so" or maybe longer, so from this point on I'm not going to even hint at a time for release until it's ready for testing and feedback.

Current features include editing script samples and previewing the edits, saving samples (edited or not) to new files, changing scheme and font size (of loaded text files only, at least for now), and quick access to FLTK and Lua manuals and a page of miscellaneous code snippets. That's not a lot, but as I said I want to keep it simple. Still less than 30 widgets have been implemented, but that number will continue to grow.

The preview/save functions need more work. For now all changes are lost even if you do something as simple as checking out the readme while editing. This is a low priority, though.

07-27-2007 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 07-27-2007 12:35 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites