News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

I saw something that sounds similar to your bug yesterday. I had opened a preview window while running my window manager in "float" mode (it's usually tiled, so windows never overlap). The preview window completely covered the main window, and when I pressed Esc to close the preview the main window was gone as well, but the application was still running. I haven't been abe to recreate that situation since then.

One thing I was thinking about was the possibility of having the preview replace the current widget group in the main window instead of using loadstring() to open it in a new window (I don't really understand how loadstring works anyway). This _might_ fix the problem.

Recent changes:

Requires murgaLua 0.5.5

Using Fl_Text_Display and Fl_Text_Editor instead of Fl_Multiline_Output/Fl_Multiline_Input to display code and other text. This gives a much more pleasant interface, including scrollbars.

Started messing with drawing functions. I have most of the "fast shapes" functions covered, but I don't know if the more complicated stuff will be included any time soon.
I tried to include both the circles demo from iGame3D and the draw4 demo from John, but both presented problems due (I assume) to the nested nature of the widget application. Instead I made a new button-driven script which was based on the draw4 script. The draw4 demo works, but since it's on a loop it presents a problem when viewing the source while it's running (the drawings continue to draw over the text field). The circles demo segfaults (the version that doesn't segfault for me when running in its own window), and I haven't figured out why.

The FLTK manual was removed, since it is already included with murgaLua. That cut the package size down considerably...several hundred Ks.

The "edit code" menu item opens the code in a new window in Fl_Text_Editor instead of allowing edits to the "view code" display. The save and preview functions have been moved to this window. This allows me to use the same Fl_Text_Display for read-only viewing of all text, and moves the editable stuff to a whole different window.

Added some bitmap widgets, Fl_XBM_Image, Fl_XPM_Image, Fl_Tiled_Image, and initial tests of Fl_Bitmap. I'm hoping Fl_Gif_Image and Fl_Pixmap will be supported eventually (nudge, nudge)

Also included: Fl_Chart, align, Fl_File_Browser (incomplete), labetype (seems to be broken?), and Fl_Wizard

Still adding more things each day.

This post was last modified: 08-03-2007 11:18 AM by mikshaw.

08-03-2007 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 08-03-2007 11:14 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites