News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

This is seriously driving me NUTS!

I have a test for whether or not a *.txt file exists, and the result of this test determines whether or not a specific menu item is enabled. I also have a print("yes it works") command as part of the test, and this print command works every time, in the exact same place that the activate/deactivate command is found. I've gone over and over this at least several dozen times, and it makes no sense to me that the print shows when it's supposed to, but the enabling of the menu item only works sometimes.

As another test, to see if there might be an issue with enabling/disabling a menu item, I created this:

Code:
function menu_callback()
if menu:text()=="disable item 1" then itemone:deactivate()
elseif menu:text()=="enable item 1" then itemone:activate()
end
end

window = fltk:Fl_Window(400, 200, "menu test")
menu=fltk:Fl_Menu_Bar(0,0,400,30)
menu:add("file/item1")
menu:add("file/item2")
menu:add("file/item3")
menu:add("disable item 1")
menu:add("enable item 1")

menu:callback(menu_callback)

itemone=menu:find_item("file/item1")
window:show()
Fl:run()

And of course that works every time.
So i'm throwing this project aside for an indefinite period of time. I'm sick of stuggling with this one stupid issue and sick of looking at this script as a result. I'll get back to it some time later when I feel like abusing my brain.

08-16-2007 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 08-16-2007 12:07 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites