News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool

Of course, there are some issues I hadn't realized.

* The images directory still needs to be found by some of the demos, so I needed to set that variable from the murgaLua commandline. I don't think there's any way around that short of embedding all images, which would limit the flexibility of demos.
* The progress widget needed to be incorporated into the main interface, but that wasn't a big problem.
* There are some cosmetic issues that need to be worked out...resizing and intrusive scrollbars in particular
* Some of the "features" in the previous version will probably be dropped, such as coloring and styling the interface. These will be included as demos. I'll probably still include font scaling for the sake of readability.
* I had to remove or replace some variable names in practically all of the demos, and resize most of the windows for visual appeal =op

Overall I like the way the new interface works. The main script is about half the size and much less complex. Code viewing and editing is now done in a single field. Demos are run and saved from whatever code is in that field, so it doesn't need to access the file more than once. Info files (for existing widgets) that are added while the application is running can be viewed without restarting (just a dev issue that was annoying me). I'm hoping to do something similar for the demo files themselves, but that will be a bit harder. Code and Info are loaded simultaneously, so accessing either is just a matter of clicking a tab rather than reloading one or the other. The Lua manual is now loaded (on demand, to save precious resources) in a tab rather than a separate window. Eventually it will be much easier to control via keyboard than the old menu system ever could be.

EDIT: the disappearing window was a stupid user error =o)

This post was last modified: 02-06-2008 04:16 AM by mikshaw.

02-06-2008 01:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 02-06-2008 01:08 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites