News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Function to return the current directory
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: Function to return the current directory

The dirname function is not as reliable as I had hoped. It worked fine with my preliminary test, but when testing a few possible variations (such as running the script in the current directory) it failed quickly. I want to make it work dependably for my own uses as well, so it'll be something I'll look into further sometime in the next few days. Might just need a little tweaking, or might need to be rewitten.

Dynamic submenus look terribly complicated. I was looking at the menu stuff in Erco's FLTK cheat page last night, and nothing was making much sense to me =op
http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/

EDIT: it seems that the function was doing what it should; my problems were coming from trying to use the result in a way it's not intended...namely, trying to dofile() with a filename path other than ./
I assume there's a way to modify the dofile/require search path, but i haven't looked into it yet.

EDIT2: Of course I assumed incorrectly again. The error was caused by the script that was being loaded with dofile(). Since it required files found in a subdirectory, I needed to pass the base directory on to it. Seems to work again.

On the subject of dynamic menus, it seems to be a little bit easier than I thought, assuming you keep track of the number which represents each menu item. I'm thinking there must be a way to utilize the item's label, but haven't experimented with that yet (maybe the menu is a table?).
The Fl_Menu_Item documentation contains a list of constants that apply to various flags, which can be modified with Fl_Menu:mode(item_number,flag). Zero is not listed, but it refers to the active state of an item. It seems you can use other Fl_Menu methods to remove, rename, and replace items, but that's something else I haven't looked into yet.

This post was last modified: 07-19-2007 03:50 PM by mikshaw.

07-18-2007 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Function to return the current directory - mikshaw - 07-18-2007 03:22 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites