News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Undocumented feature for Windows users
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: Undocumented feature for Windows users

Something i've thought about from time to time is the all-in-one mode of packaging murgaLua...can't say i've ever understood the logic behind that. In just about any other project with multiple binary versions you find those versions made available as separate downloads. This not only provides a smaller download for users (most users won't be needing more than one version), but also gives the developer a better idea of what the user base is, and how (if at all) it changes. It would also make it more convenient for things like this...In a windows package you could include both full binaries (or even as separate windows packages), and no troubles with dumb antivirus programs. Along a similar line, if there are ever 64-bit versions made they wouldn't suddenly double the size of the murgaLua package if they were made available separately.

01-08-2014 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Undocumented feature for Windows users - mikshaw - 01-08-2014 04:47 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites