News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Initial build of version 0.6.0

Group: Administrators
RE: Initial build of version 0.6.0

Juergen Wrote:
- The version string says still version 0.5.5.

That was stated in the release notes.

Juergen Wrote:
- The error that has been already reported appears also under Linux, when the murgaLua command invocation doesn't contain any slashes and the shell has to locate the binary in one of the PATH directories. But I guess it is the same bug that has already been reported under Windows and might therefore already be fixed.

Nope, the windows bug is slightly different ...

This one requires a different fix ... Which I haven't done yet.

Juergen Wrote:
- There are still a few collisions with reserved keywords. For example: Fl_Group has a "end" method which can't be called. A rename to "End" would be a good idea.

If you can tell me the other ones I'll be happy to address this.

Juergen Wrote:
- The user_data("function_name()") method looks like a really big ugly hack.

It is purely a way to do things a little better right now thanks to the user_data() support.

Not the only hack in there :-)

I don't think it's that big and ugly compared to the current menu handling (which leaves a lot to be desired).

Juergen Wrote:
Is it so hard to support something like:

myItem=menuBar:find_item("Some menu item/&item2")

and also menuBar:add("&First menu item/First item",fltk.FL_CTRL + string.byte("f"),myItemCallback)

Not that hard, but I haven't got round to it yet as i needed the user_data for some other stuff too ... And callbacks are a pain, so it hasn't been a priority (but I've added it to the list).

Juergen Wrote:
I'm pretty sure there is some way, to do it without using a function which takes a string with the name of the callback function as an argument.

For now that is actually the best solution, until I get round to enhancing the API as you have pointed out :-)

Thanks for the thorough testing !

01-20-2008 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
Initial build of version 0.6.0 - JohnMurga - 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
RE: Initial build of version 0.6.0 - znarf - 01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
RE: Initial build of version 0.6.0 - JohnMurga - 01-20-2008 04:54 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites