News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
murgaua - distro compatibility
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators
RE: murgaua - distro compatibility

TerryW Wrote:
Thanks very much for taking the trouble to compile a statically linked version. You've made a pensioner very happy! I will try it with Debian Etch and Slackware 12 but first I'll have to remove the bits I added to make them work.

Thanks for trying it out ! :-)

The static version I compiled does not have Xft (ie. you'll have jagged edges in your fonts and stuff), in the next full build I'll be bundling the static Xft version with all other versions being in a separate archive (I'll still be building them at the same time).

I tried to create a version that worked on everything, and strangely enough had most problems with a few Ubuntu based systems I got to play with.... (with things like libstdc++, etc)...

This is so that you have a base you can use for compilation that works on the largest number of platforms.

Either way this static version works on everything I tried it on including Mepis 64Bit (which comes with a 32bit libc).

Cheers
JohnM

02-05-2008 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
murgaua - distro compatibility - TerryW - 01-28-2008, 12:26 AM
RE: murgaua - distro compatibility - JohnMurga - 02-05-2008 11:27 PM
RE: murgaua - distro compatibility - asafp - 03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
RE: murgaua - distro compatibility - asafp - 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites