News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
debugger for MurgaLua?

Group: Registered
RE: debugger for MurgaLua?

Hi iGame3d,

by "vanilla" I mean a pure Lua without any "murgaesque" extensions as you can obtain from the website. I'm aware of Lua's built-in debug library, but for using it directly as debugger I would consider it way too cumbersome. Or to cite Chapter 23, "The debug library does not give you a debugger for Lua, but it offers all the primitives that you need for writing a debugger for Lua."
You are right, for getting better insights into my problems to get MurgaLua working with sciteDebug, a test of the debugger library in MurgaLua would be a good step to narrow down the possible causes.
While I started myself using print statements directly in the code for debugging as well, I've become a very big fan of regular debuggers lately and would consider their availability as a key must-have feature for a truly productive development platform. I'm not sure if it's realistic, but I would be very delighted if it would be possible to integrate a lightweight debugger such as clidebugger directly into murgaLua and provide something like a debug mode which would allow you to inspect the program flow, variable values, and the call stack immediately during runtime.
If I come up with a good idea, I'll post it here.

This post was last modified: 02-21-2008 07:58 AM by znarf.

02-21-2008 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
debugger for MurgaLua? - znarf - 02-15-2008, 05:48 AM
RE: debugger for MurgaLua? - iGame3D - 02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
RE: debugger for MurgaLua? - znarf - 02-21-2008 07:57 AM
RE: debugger for MurgaLua? - JohnMurga - 02-21-2008, 09:50 AM
RE: debugger for MurgaLua? - znarf - 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites