News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available

Hi,

Can be found here :

http://www.murga-projects.com/murgaLua/snapshot.html

Please note that MINIMAL testing has taken place with this build.

This is a DEVELOPMENT snapshot of the current bloaty 0.6.X family.

Cheers
John de Murga

09-05-2008 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnMurga
Administrator

RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available

Hi,

Just noticed that although murgaLua works fine in DSL the bundled (and patched) fluid doesn't (because of libc++) ... I think that issue has probably always been there, but either way I'll try an fix it in the next build.

I was doing some cross distro testing before going to sleep for a few hours ...

Cheers
JohnM

09-05-2008 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrBill

Group: Registered

So far so good on the Mac, the tree view is going to be interesting to dabble with.

09-05-2008 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnMurga
Administrator

Hi,

There is some visual corruption on the Mac for the tree control under some conditions ...

I fixed it, and will be doing another build next week (I am still working on the tree code).
Feature requests are welcome during this time.

After that I have to focus on the docs.

Cheers
John de Murga

09-06-2008 12:11 AM
mikshaw

First comment (haven't downloaded yet) is thank you for the multiple downloads, so users can get exactly what they want and nothing more.

The "Warning - Causes FALSE positives with some AV" might be related to Lua comments in included files. At least i have in the past had trouble using web-based email to text files including lines that begin with '--' or '=='. Using bzip2 compression rather than gzip or zip has been known to work at least to prevent auto-scanning of the archive, although it might not be a good solution since Windows software compression is still pretty much always expected to be zip. I also suppose this wouldn't matter if the AV misinterprets the extracted files anyway....but if that's the case wouldn't it misinterpret every lua script? I dunno....shoulda had my coffee earlier....sorry.... =o)

This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 10:35 PM by mikshaw.

09-06-2008 10:32 PM
JohnMurga
Administrator

Hi,

The "Warning - Causes FALSE positives with some AV" affects the patcher used to remove the console from the Windows version ... It might not happen with current version as I have changed it somewhat.

But either way it something in the Win32 patcher binary that the crappy heuristics engine of some AVs doesn't like.

Cheers
JohnM

09-07-2008 01:14 AM
mikshaw

As Bill said, tree definitely looks interesting.
I guess this isn't really the place to ask questions, but my curiosity is outweighing my abilities. Seems that icons are required in order to also have the "+" and "-" symbols displayed? I eventually got a tree to work without using icons, but the symbols also were missing.

What I'm really looking forward too, though, is working out a way to automate the creation of a directory structure, and maybe making that a portable function. It shouldn't be too complicated, but I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe it's already been done, but the example shows only creating each item manually.

09-08-2008 12:21 PM
JohnMurga
Administrator

mikshaw Wrote:
As Bill said, tree definitely looks interesting.
I guess this isn't really the place to ask questions, but my curiosity is outweighing my abilities. Seems that icons are required in order to also have the "+" and "-" symbols displayed? I eventually got a tree to work without using icons, but the symbols also were missing.

Icons are not required to have the "+" and "-" ...
The Demo maybe needs more work on my part :-)

What do you want to display ?

mikshaw Wrote:
What I'm really looking forward too, though, is working out a way to automate the creation of a directory structure, and maybe making that a portable function. It shouldn't be too complicated, but I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe it's already been done, but the example shows only creating each item manually.

I can give you a method to create a hierarchical table with a directory structure easily enough ... And I can give you another method to populate a tree from a hierarchical table.

What do you want it for ?

Cheers
JohnM

09-08-2008 11:37 PM
mikshaw

Quote:
What do you want to display ?

Just the plus and minus. It seems that it works without a pixmap after all...i think I messed up by trying to alter your example rather than starting from scratch.

Quote:
What do you want it for ?

right now, just for giggles, but it will probably turn out to be a better solution for the murgaLua demos main interface than the existing collapsible browser method. It definitely uses much less code to accomplish, and the result is at least as good. It's not really a true file hierarchy, though, so it may not be necessary to drill down through nested directories. I do think it will be a useful function, though. For example, I once created a shell script that would build Fluxbox menu items for all configuration files within a directory hierarchy. Rather than open a file manager, browse for a file, and click to open, I'd open the menu and mouse down to the desired file. It didn't save a lot of time, but was sometimes more convenient. I no longer use Fluxbox, but the ability to dynamically create quick access to specific files or types of files is still with me.

So far i have not succeeded in the hierarchy, but I should probably become more familiar with the way the tree itself works before adding this extra complication to the process anyway. I did notice that a scroll seems to be required in order to select the proper line? Not sure, but it kept selecting the line above the one I clicked until the tree was added to a scroll.

EDIT: The concept of a hierarchical table is potentially very useful, but I have to admit that it always gives me trouble. I have succeeded in making tables that are two levels deep, but I always have to go back to the docs to figure out how to create and access them. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for me =op

This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 07:31 AM by mikshaw.

09-09-2008 04:41 AM
jyf1987

maybe you could make a lua again fluid

Cheers
jyf
09-14-2008 01:08 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread