News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available

First comment (haven't downloaded yet) is thank you for the multiple downloads, so users can get exactly what they want and nothing more.

The "Warning - Causes FALSE positives with some AV" might be related to Lua comments in included files. At least i have in the past had trouble using web-based email to text files including lines that begin with '--' or '=='. Using bzip2 compression rather than gzip or zip has been known to work at least to prevent auto-scanning of the archive, although it might not be a good solution since Windows software compression is still pretty much always expected to be zip. I also suppose this wouldn't matter if the AV misinterprets the extracted files anyway....but if that's the case wouldn't it misinterpret every lua script? I dunno....shoulda had my coffee earlier....sorry.... =o)

This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 10:35 PM by mikshaw.

09-06-2008 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - mikshaw - 09-06-2008 10:32 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites