News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available
MrBill

Group: Registered
RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available

I think jyf1987 means to convert something like one of Mikshaw's demo's or this tree back into a Fluid file so that its a base for visual editing.

The tree for instance isn't available in Fluid (is it?).

I think we'll need a murgaLua editor, built with murgaLua so its fully scriptable and compatible. I figure some of these additions to the software are heading toward making that fully possible by version 1.0 or before.

Fluid is a handy stand in at the moment, but there is room for improvement.
Like find and replace text...oh how that kills me.

I've done some hacking in the past using Lua to generate Fluid code that made a grid of boxes or buttons that would have been a total nightmare doing by hand in Fluid. Must have been a while back and one of those 32 hour days because its not a very solid memory at all, I just know I did it.

Right now much of my iGame3D main interface started as Fluid, but eventually is pulled apart so that the .fl file just holds maybe a window, globals, a few needed functions and file references, which do the rest of the gui construction in a more dynamic way than Fluid itself would allow. The Fluid I hope is generic enough to be re-used as a template for similar interfaces.

It all started with a monstrous Fluid file which provided organization and then devolved back down to good old simple Lua text files, which I've yet to find an editor that has all the features I need and organizes multiple related files into a comprehensible and easy to navigate 'project'.

I'm sure we'll come up with something eventually. :-)

09-15-2008 05:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Snapshot build for 0.6.9 now available - MrBill - 09-15-2008 05:47 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites