News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
New release out before the end of the year

Group: Registered
RE: New release out before the end of the year

art Wrote:
What webserver in new murgalua 0,7 ? (like embed xavante or ladle, luna webserver, or etc).

You were in that other thread, where John said it is "to provide a basic interface in a couple of lines of code." If you've ever configured a router from a web browser, that's an idea of what it might do. I'm sure it's far from a full-featured server in the sense that most people think of them.

I'm sure it's possible, considering MurgaLua contains a full Lua, to add your desired webserver to it as a module (it might take some tweaking). Personally I would consider *not* doing this for anything more than experiments and fun. If you require a Lua-based web server for serving up "rich" content to others (embedded media, dynamic pages, etc) I'd suggest that you use Lua, since it is faster and lighter than MurgaLua (no offense intended). But if you do not have Lua as a requirement, I can't say I understand the desire for it.

03-15-2009 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New release out before the end of the year - mikshaw - 03-15-2009 08:34 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites