News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
murgalua doesnt work without any output
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output

Quote:
on the server B
when i type
murgaLua
it has nothing output
normally,it will go into the lua console,isnt it?

That's correct. It should give you a little information about murgaLua and then show a prompt. So maybe the murgaLua on server B is corrupt? Or maybe there's an issue with the terminal? Then again, Lua works, right? So I still don't have much of an idea of what's wrong.

Quote:
btw,i found a package of yours in tiny core linux's software list

I'm assuming that's not the extensions you're talking about, since I haven't made any for TC yet. I made a couple of murgaLua scripts for Damn Small, such as the extension browser, that were converted to C++/FLTK for use in TC. Maybe that's what you're talking about? I prefer using murgaLua myself, partly because I don't have a clue how to program in C++, but mostly because you can make quick changes and never have to compile it or provide extra source files.

Quote:
so do you know if the tiny core linux can run like puppylinux
i mean use vitual filesysystem on fat or any other fs

It supports a few filesystems. I know ext is supported in the kernel, and fat, vfat, and msdos are supported through included kernel modules. Some other file systems are supported through an external module extension, although if you use that you would need to set up any mounts youself (as opposed to using boot options to mount /home, /usr/local, or /opt). I'm not really sure what you mean by virtual filesystems, though, since I have very little experience with Puppy....if you're talking about mounted loops or other device, then yes. Tiny Core was designed to be quite flexible, as long as you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty sometimes. I'm sure it can be tweaked to do whatever you need it to do. Personally I have TC remastered to include reiserfs support in the core so I can use an existing /home partition on my harddrive and keep applications installed in a persistent /usr/local directory on that same partition. I still haven't done much with murgaLua on TC yet, but I'm still working on getting some fundamental things built (winmodem and wacom drivers in particular).

03-27-2009 06:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: murgalua doesnt work without any output - mikshaw - 03-27-2009 06:04 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites