News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
access to media files on a LAN server
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: access to media files on a LAN server

I believe I've come up with a kludge for serving subtitles, although my current idea might work only for mplayer, and I'm dealing only with *.srt for now. I don't yet know anything about how another player might specify a subtitle file as part of the command. I might need to create a separate user-configurable variable for that.

Anyway, what I'm thinking (still thinking about it as I type, so nothing's been coded yet) is to create a subtitle filename string by replacing the filename extension with ".srt" and search body for that string. If it's found, then do another http.request for that subtitle file, write the string returned by that request to a tempfile, and use that tempfile as part of the mplayer command. This would be done at the start of the play function.

If it works for me I'll post the initial code, and then do some research on how other media players handle subtitles on the commandline.

02-01-2010 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: access to media files on a LAN server - mikshaw - 02-01-2010 07:05 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites