News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
MurgaLua 0.7.0 RC1
jpjacobs

Group: Registered
RE: MurgaLua 0.7.0 RC1

murgaLua.debug.showTable seems to crash on userdata without a metatable set. Or something like it. In any case it crashes when you go to some Fl_* table which contains an id = userdata field.

SimpleApp2.lua crashes if the quit button is pressed (attempt to call fl_ask instead of fl_choice)

All the rest is working as expected (only tested on Linux)

Greets,
JP

This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 09:41 PM by jpjacobs.

10-16-2010 02:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jyf1987

so may i have the try of the 0.8.x branch?
i cant wait to try an unicode support fltk libary

Cheers
jyf
11-19-2010 07:21 PM
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators

jyf1987 Wrote:
so may i have the try of the 0.8.x branch?
i cant wait to try an unicode support fltk libary

Sure,

I will release 0.7.0 final in the next couple of weeks and the alfa build of 0.8.x soon after.

Cheers
John de Murga

11-24-2010 11:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iGame3D

Group: Moderators

Doesn't work on Leopard 10.5.8

Code:
/murgaLua/bin/MacOs-Intel/murgaLua ; exit;
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
logout

Code:
/murgaLua/bin/MacOs-Intel/core-lite/murgaLua_lite ; exit;
Segmentation fault
logout

Code:
/murgaLua/bin/MacOs-Intel/core-lite/murgaLua_core ; exit;
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
logout

I supposed I should update, this OS is what 3 or 4 years old now?

12-11-2010 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnMurga
Administrator

iGame3D Wrote:
I supposed I should update, this OS is what 3 or 4 years old now?

OK, that is a pain :-(

I will find the old CDs and do a Leopard build.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers
John de Murga

12-20-2010 08:22 PM
jpjacobs

Another small thing: The proAudio.soundStop(sample) does not work when the sample is specified, only when executed without an argument, stopping all sounds.

Aside of that is there a way to get samples to pause, seek, etc etc? or is this well beyond the scope of the proteaAudio binding? I was just thinking of writing a transcription application (to convert a spoken interview to text), so it really needs forwarding, seeking back, pausing, ... But otherwise i'll just interface to VLC or mplayer ...

Greetings,
Jan-Pieter

12-23-2010 09:15 PM
mikshaw

I'm not having any luck with proAudio on my box, Debian Lenny with ALSA. The simpleSound example initially got stuck in the sleep loop, then after changing "if not proAudio.create() then os.exit(1) end" to just "proAudio.create()" the ogg played but then it got stuck in the next sleep loop. I couldn't get it to play a wav file, even though proAudio apparently loaded it. After playing around a little more, the ogg file stopped working as well.

01-15-2011 11:32 AM
JohnMurga
Administrator

mikshaw Wrote:
I'm not having any luck with proAudio on my box, Debian Lenny with ALSA. The simpleSound example initially got stuck in the sleep loop, then after changing "if not proAudio.create() then os.exit(1) end" to just "proAudio.create()" the ogg played but then it got stuck in the next sleep loop. I couldn't get it to play a wav file, even though proAudio apparently loaded it. After playing around a little more, the ogg file stopped working as well.

What are you running exactly ?

I suspect I should be able to replicate your setup in a VirtualBox VM.

01-19-2011 02:52 AM
JohnMurga
Administrator

jpjacobs Wrote:
Aside of that is there a way to get samples to pause, seek, etc etc? or is this well beyond the scope of the proteaAudio binding? I was just thinking of writing a transcription application (to convert a spoken interview to text), so it really needs forwarding, seeking back, pausing, ... But otherwise i'll just interface to VLC or mplayer ...

It is out of scope of the binding, but I'll take a look.

Maybe it can be easily implemented.

01-19-2011 02:55 AM
mikshaw

JohnMurga Wrote:
What are you running exactly ?
I suspect I should be able to replicate your setup in a VirtualBox VM.

Currently Debian Lenny with ALSA, MurgaLua dynamic. I'm not sure how much more specific I can get...I didn't do any custom configuration. I have SDL_mixer installed, too, if that makes any difference, and JACK, although it isn't used unless i run it manually. There is no aRTs or ESD or PulseAudio or any other sound server. I don't recall having an issue with this when i tried the previous beta, but I haven't been able to make it work since I made that last post. I think I might have broken my system.

Also note that contrary to JP's results, this example segfaults when I try it with murgaLua-static...after saying "RtApiOss:TonguerobeDeviceOpen: error opening device ()". I'm guessing I probably don't have even the alsa-oss compatability installed.

I'm going to be moving up to Debian Wheezy whenever that's released, but I may first install Squeeze and see if I get the same results. Squeeze is already on my server, but I don't want to add anything it doesn't need.

01-19-2011 12:23 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites