News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Solitaire
loony

Group: Registered
Solitaire

Hi!

I've written a basic solitaire program with murgaLua. Nothing fancy. Movement is by clicking cards. A few features/options such as automatic move up, undo, restart.

Download/description is from here:
http://web.ncf.ca/di874/computers/loonyc...cards.html

Creates a rather involved directory hierarchy in hopes of maybe adding more card games in future. The program to run is the squished version loonycards-0.1.0/games/solitaire/bin/solitaire. If that doesn't work for some reason, try ...solitaire/source/solitaire.lua

Tested in a half-hearted manner on Linux Zenwalk, Windows XP, PC-BSD (FreeBSD). Some things may not work on all platforms (e.g. saving preferences on Windows).

Comments, suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Geoff Gigg

10-21-2010 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jpjacobs

RE: Solitaire

Thumbs up, nicely done! Now that we've already got the main component, let's rewrite windows in murgaLua Tongue

greets,

Jan-Pieter

10-21-2010 07:39 PM
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators

loony Wrote:
Tested in a half-hearted manner on Linux Zenwalk, Windows XP, PC-BSD (FreeBSD). Some things may not work on all platforms (e.g. saving preferences on Windows).

Very cool :-)
Thanks !

The BSD port I promised you will be along with RC2 hopefully this weekend ...
I just got hold of the latest PC-BSD, but have been a little busy.

Cheers
John de Murga

10-21-2010 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikshaw

That's really impressive. I'm definitely going to be messing with your code =o)

Drag-and-drop shouldn't be as complicated as we've seen in past tests, since you'd have specific drop coordinates. But I guess that's a cosmetic thing for the future (along with skins). What I'd attack first is the ability to run the game without having to cd into the bin directory.

In the options window, the user has to hover over the check boxes in order to find out what that option does. It would be better, in my opinion, to have that text already visible.

10-22-2010 12:46 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites