News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
drag 'n drop from external applications?
dvw86

Group: Registered
RE: drag 'n drop from external applications?

znarf Wrote:
Hi,
I'm currently evaluating the suitability of murgaLua for my needs and tried to build a basic application that receives drag and drop events from other applications (e.g., dragging file names from an explorer window on the murgaLua FLTK window).
In normal FLTK I'd to derive my own window class from Fl_Window and overwrite the handle() method in order to be able to reiceive and respond correctly to DND events, however, I'm not sure how to translate this to murgaLua. I've found the demo event_detection.lua, but this does not tell me how to correctly respond to such events.
Is there a way to implement a custom handle() method/callback, or is the handling of arbitrary events currently beyond murgaLua's scope?

Thanks for any reply, this is a great project!

I've been playing with this as well and have not figured out how to drop something on a FLTK widow or widget.

07-16-2008 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
RE: drag 'n drop from external applications? - dvw86 - 07-16-2008 12:38 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites