News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool
mikshaw

Group: Registered
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help?

Quote:
a list of relevant links are on one side of the page and the content that it links to pops up on the other side of the page.

That sounds like frames, which I have grown to dislike greatly, or as you said CSS. If it does export HTML it will likely be css-enabled (although not css-dependent), since css is another thing that I have been studying and playing with over the last several months and I find it an easy way to beautify and organize the content of a group of pages.

My HTML at one time was targeted toward making whatever I could to appear unique and blingy...flash, javascript, lots of graphics, complex frames...but over time I began to head in the opposite direction, aiming for simplicity in all things. Most of the time I prefer plain text, with only a small taste of graphics (small in size and subtle in appearance). The ultimate HTML goal for me is that everything should be standards compliant, fast loading, and viewable in as many browsers as possible (which especially means no client-side scripting or plugins). So the CSS would enhance the experience slightly for those browsers that support it, but would not suffer from loss of content or ugly layout for those that don't.

07-13-2007 05:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - mikshaw - 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
RE: [WIP] MurgaLua Reference Tool - a little help? - mikshaw - 07-13-2007 05:40 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites