News : The level of daily SPAM has reached insane proportions, all registrations are now manual. I ask you to send me an e-mail (john (at) murga (dot) org), to confirm that you want me to create an account for you.

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Does Luac work ?
JohnMurga
Administrator

Group: Administrators
RE: Does Luac work ?

Hi,

They are a little different, luac compiles lua code to lua bytecode ...

It is not really faster when a program runs, it just allows you to compile scripts into binary files that murgaLua could load ... With this you would loose the source, so I rather keep things running from scripts. What's more there are a couple of issues around implementing it for murgaLua, so its something that I really have no motivation at all to do.

LuaJIT is something I probably WILL be adding, this doesn't change the behavior of murgaLua, but would increase the performance dramatically under some circumstances. So it's on the todo list, but it is low priority (but easy to check out).

The issue with LuaJit is that it is x86 only at the moment, which means that only Windows/Intel-Linux/Intel-Mac would work ... This may not be such a bad thing as these are the only platforms I support right now anyway. There are a few other caveats, and I think my time is better spent looking at other things right now, so we'll see ...

Cheers
JohnM

07-13-2007 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
Does Luac work ? - chrimo - 07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
RE: Does Luac work ? - mikshaw - 07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
RE: Does Luac work ? - JohnMurga - 07-13-2007 05:57 PM
RE: Does Luac work ? - chrimo - 07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
RE: Does Luac work ? - JohnMurga - 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
RE: Does Luac work ? - mikshaw - 07-13-2007, 11:10 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites